Are there laws of success? If so, what are they? Are there common success factors that we should look towards and emulate as we try to attain achievements in our lives? When you look around at friends and family members, or maybe even read on social media about people who are reaching great levels of success, what separates them from the rest of us?
Regardless of what many of us have been taught, or would hope to believe, creating great levels of success takes a lot more than being positive in life. It takes a lot more than having fancy vision boards, reciting affirmations, or even attending personal growth workshops.
The reason why so few people have the body they really want, the love they want, the relationships they want, or the money they want has little to do with genetics, who’s in the White House, or your astrological sign. The people who achieve great success realize it takes a hell of a lot of effort, day after day after day, to achieve those goals most important to you.
The Law of Attraction excites Americans with dreams coming true, like imagining checks in the mail so that we become millionaires, or magically attract our soulmate with a vision board. It taps into the emotional side of many people who love to live in this realm of life, but it’s not very realistic. It’s more “wishful thinking” than anything else. Millions of people have used this technique, yet few will ever find success from wishful thinking.
Affirmations are a great way to start the day. Gratitude and belief in one’s self create confidence, appreciation, and a positive attitude. Yet on their own they are unlikely to produce radical changes in your life.
So, where do we go from here? Well, instead of the law of attraction, let’s talk about the laws of success.
David Essel is a best selling author, a counselor, master life coach and inspirational speaker. Through his years in the world of personal growth, he has accumulated eight of the most important tips to create the ultimate success in life.
David Essel’s 8 Laws of Success
What does it take to become really successful in life? As you read through the following laws of success, make a mental or physical check mark by the ones that you’re doing a great job at now. If you find any of these success factors that you’re not doing, jump on these right away! It will be worth your time, effort, and investment in your own success and happiness. The following notes about the laws of success can be followed by anyone to create the life they desire.
1. The ability to be successful lies within everyone. Yes, you can create an incredible income, lose the weight you desire, create deep loving relationships, release addictions and find a pathway to your creator. You have THE RIGHT to be successful, as much anyone else on this earth.
2. Your thoughts are not powerful enough to create success on their own. Your thoughts will not create checks in the mail, weight loss, nor will they attract the perfect lover. This is crucial to not only understand, but to accept as true.
3. The number one block to success, are the beliefs held deep within the subconscious mind. The role of the subconscious, is to keep you exactly where you are, which is commonly referred to as the “comfort zone of life.” Now, this doesn’t mean that the “comfort zone”, or these subconscious thoughts are healthy. Wherever you are lacking success, we can guarantee that your subconscious thoughts are sabotaging the success you desire.
4. A thought, regardless of how positive it is, cannot change a negative behavior long term. Unless it’s a miracle –you cannot think, or affirm, your way out of an addiction, financial hardship or a terrible relationship. Success has about actions.
5. The only way to turn the subconscious mind around, from a saboteur to an ally, is to repetitively, on a daily basis, do the action steps you would rather not do. Success demands that we all invest more time, effort and money into our biggest goals. Over time, you can create a subconscious mindset that will continue to push you forward on your path of success.
6. You must be prepared to do these actions steps repeatedly and consistently. In 37 years of work in the field of personal growth, we have found on average that an individual who is struggling deeply – with addiction, weight, finances or their love life – will have to put approximately 12 months, or 365 days of doing the work they would rather not do, in the area of life they are struggling with, in order to turn the subconscious mind around.
7. Through action steps into the uncomfortable for a 12- month period time, the uncomfortable just becomes who you are. Where in the beginning it was a struggle to lose 100 pounds, at the end of 12 months of changing your diet and exercise habits, the new habits simply become who you are. An effortless part of your life…Success.
8. Affirmations, vision boards, and the like, will be important for only 20% of your success. Regardless of what you’ve been told, statements such as, “what you think about you bring about” are not true. Unless it’s a miracle, 80% of your success will come from your willingness to do the steps you would rather not do on a daily basis. This is the true “secret” of success.
Here’s to your success!
David Essel, M.S. is the best selling author of 9 books, a counselor and master life coach and inspirational speaker whose work is endorsed by celebrities such as Wayne Dyer, Jenny McCarthy, Kenny Loggins and Mark Victor Hansen. His Best Selling Book “Positive Thinking Will Never Change Your Life…But This Book Will! The Myth To Positive Thinking, The Reality of Success” is currently available at www.talkdavid.com.
How Practicing Meditation Can Improve Your Life
10 Ways to Help Someone Suffering from Burnout
How Salt Therapy can Detox the Body and Clear the Mind
10 Ways Healthy People Begin Their Day
21 Essential Oils to Help Ease Your Child’s Stress
Foods for Depression: What to Eat and What to Avoid
Stop Losing Your Mind with These 15 Ways to Improve Your Memory
The Toll of Stress & Why We All Need a Little More Zen
9 Ways that Stress Could be Affecting You Right Now
Got Stress? Essential Oils that Can Help You Feel at Ease