When we need to clear the air after someone in our house has been ill, or when we want to the room to smell wonderful before company comes over, we use an essential oil air freshener spray.
Shhh. Don’t tell anyone, okay? This is a bit taboo for an essential oil user to say, but I don’t often use my diffusers. (She says as she hangs her head in oily shame.) I tend to utilize the oils in other ways, mostly topical and internal use. I also keep small spray bottles in the house so that I can make essential oil air freshener sprays with the oils rather than diffusing them.
An essential oil air freshener spray can also be used for immune support, to help you relax, or to help keep critters at bay. These lovely little sprays are so simple to make, and they are a great addition to a gift set or party favor.
Here’s how to make an essential oil air freshener spray:
* Mix 25-30 drops of your favorite essential oil or oil blend to 6 oz. of distilled water in a glass spray bottle.
* Shake well before each use.
See, I told you it was easy to make! Not sure what which oils to add? The aromas of essential oils can effect everyone differently. With that said, here are some blend ideas for your essential oil air freshener spray:
For System Support:
* 15 drops Thieves, 15 drops Lemon
* 10 drops Thieves, 10 drops lemon, 5 drops Melaleuca, 5 drops Oregano
* 10 drops lavender, 10 drops lemon, 10 drops Peppermint
* 8 drops Eucalyptus, 8 drops Peppermint, 8 drops Thieves, 8 drops Lemon
* 9 drops Lemongrass, 7 drops Thyme, 7 drops Eucalyptus, 5 drops Basil
For the Day Time:
* 10 drops Peppermint oil, 10 drops Spearmint oil, 10 drops Orange
* 7 drops Vetiver, 10 drops Bergamot, 10 drops Cinnamon
* 15 drops Orange, 10 drops Peppermint
* 10 drops Grapefruit, 10 drops Peppermint, 10 drops Rosemary
* 10 drops Lime, 5 drops Tangerine, 15 drops Peppermint
* 8 drops Clove, 8 drops Bergamot, 8 drops Ocotea, 4 drops Orange
* 10 drops Peppermint, 10 drops Brain Power, 8 drops Tangerine
For the Evening Hours:
* 10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Roman Chamomile, 10 drops Ylang Ylang
* 10 drops Juniper, 10 drops Roman Chamomile, 10 drops Lavender
* 10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Roman Chamomile, 10 drops Marjoram
* 6 drops Juniper, 8 drops Roman Chamomile, 7 drops Cedarwood, 5 drops Lavender
* 7 drops Frankincense, 8 drops Roman Chamomile, 7 drops Clary Sage, 5 drops Jasmine
For General Awesomeness:
* 7 drops Clove, 7 drops Cinnamon, 7 drops Ginger and 9 drops Orange
* 10 drops Orange, 10 drops Frankincense, 10 drops Cinnamon
* 7 drops Orange, 7 drops Grapefruit, 7 drops Lemon, 7 drop Bergamot
* 10 drops White Fir, 10 drops Cypress, 10 drops Spearmint
* 10 drops Orange, 10 drops Cinnamon, 10 drops Ginger
* 8 drops Geranium, 8 drops Lavender, 10 drops Roman Chamomile
* 10 drops Ylang, Ylang, 10 drops Orange, 10 drops Lavender
Which combination is in going into your essential oil air freshener spray?
If you are interested in learning more about essential oils, please click here for information!
DIY Essential Oil Hot or Cold Compress
Get a Healthy Thyroid: 10 Tips for Natural Thyroid Support
The Best Essential Oils for Meditation and Yoga
The Straight Up Guide to Essential Oil Research
The Best Essential Oils for Meditation & Yoga
The Massage Oil that Helped Me Walk 60 Miles in 3 Days
How To Eliminate Toxins From Your Body & Why You Should
Some of the Best Essential Oils to Use for Making Tea
How to Make DIY Essential Oil Perfume
A Day in the Life of an Essential Oil User
Essential Oils for Endurance Athletes
Get Toxin Free Makeup and Beauty Products with Beautycounter