Last week I played with some ingredients I had on hand and ended up making the creamiest, most delicious soup ever. It was such a lovely surprise that I just had to post the recipe for you all.
This soup is gluten free, dairy free, low calorie, low fat, low sugar, and can be made using mostly organic and GMO-free ingredients. Not too shabby, right? And the best part is that it was easy to make too!
So without further adieu, here is my super healthy, super easy Thai Coconut Pumpkin Shrimp Soup.
Thai Coconut Pumpkin Shrimp Soup
Per Serving (Approximate):
7 Grams of Fat
5 Grams of Sugar
2 Cups Spinach
3-4 Oz. Cooked Shrimp
1 Can (15 oz.) Pumpkin
1 Can (13.5 oz.) Light Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
2 Tspn Salt
1 Tspn Black Pepper
½ Tspn Basil
½ Tspn Ground Ginger
– Thaw spinach (if using the frozen variety). Chop well.
– Thaw shrimp (if using the frozen variety). Peel and chop well.
– Pour Pumpkin and Coconut Milk into a pot on low heat.
– Add Spinach, Parsley, Pumpkin Spice, Salt, Black Pepper, Basil and Ground Ginger.
– Cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently. If soup begins to boil, reduce heat.
– After 10 minutes, reduce heat to low (simmer) and add Shrimp.
– Cook on low heat for approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.