Indulgence abounds with this amazing DIY body scrub. Not only will you love it for yourself, it makes a fabulous gift for friends, teachers, and others on your gift giving list. Find some cute glass containers at a store near you, and then you can put together several thoughtful, handmade gifts for the same price as one body scrub from the spa. You can even use mason jars!
There is nothing like a scrub to remove the dirt and grime that gets into our skin no matter how much we may care for it. I love the clean, fresh feeling of my skin after using a scrub that gets deep into the pores like no other cleanser can do. Ever since I began using Young Living essential oils, his Peppermint Twist body scrub is one of my absolute favorites. The combined scent of peppermint, vanilla, and a touch of coffee is incredibly calming and yet refreshing at the same time. Not only is the scent appealing, this particular scrub is also chock full of antibacterial, antioxidant, and clarifying skincare agents.
The following face and body scrub recipe makes enough to fill one large mason jar:
Peppermint Twist Face and Body Scrub
• 1 cup organic coconut oil
• 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
• 1/2 cup organic granulated white sugar
• 3 tbsp. of organic coffee grounds *
• 3 tsp. organic vanilla extract
• 2 tsp. organic honey
• 1 tsp. Young Living peppermint essential oil
• 2 Vitamin E capsules (optional)
* If you use coffee pods in your home, the grounds from 1 pod will do.
1. In a large bowl, combine ingredients in a large bowl thoroughly until they are all well combined.
2. If including vitamin E capsule, poke the end with a pin and squeeze the oil from inside onto other ingredients.
3. Place in airtight container(s).
4. Store in a cool place or refrigerate, allowing ingredients to solidify.
The Best Essential Oils for Meditation and Yoga
9 Natural Ways to Prevent or Get Rid of Sore Muscles
The Straight Up Guide to Essential Oil Research
The Best Essential Oils for Meditation & Yoga
The Massage Oil that Helped Me Walk 60 Miles in 3 Days
How To Eliminate Toxins From Your Body & Why You Should
Some of the Best Essential Oils to Use for Making Tea
How to Make DIY Essential Oil Perfume
A Day in the Life of an Essential Oil User
Essential Oils for Endurance Athletes
DIY Essential Oil Bath Salts Trio
How to Make a DIY Essential Oil Perfume