We talk a lot around here about acts of kindness, and now there are many ways you can pay it forward without even having to get up from your desk. We tend to think that random acts of kindness have to be done by holding a door open or paying for the person behind you in line, yet right at your fingertips is a multitude of ways to do online social good. In fact, you can do them without even lifting your fingers off of the keyboard!
20 Acts of Kindness You Can Do from a PC, Tablet or Phone
Here are 20 acts of kindness you can do right from your pc, tablet or phone:
- Send someone an email with a compliment or note of thanks.
- “Like” a charity on Facebook and write a post on the organization’s wall telling them how they have made an impact on your life.
- Donate a tweet to a worthy cause at http://justcoz.org/.
- Connect two people in business via an email introduction.
- Endorse someone on Linkedin, saying why their work is exemplary.
- Play games for change online at http://gamesforchange.org/.
- Take the pledge to donate your next birthday at http://mycharitywater.org/.
- Make a monetary charitable donation to a cause that matters to you.
- When you shop online, buy items that donate proceeds to charitable organizations, such as http://www.dogoodbuy.us/.
- Pledge your support to eliminate the derogatory use of the r-word from everyday speech and promote the acceptance and inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities. http://www.r-word.org/r-word-pledge.aspx.
- Before you make a purchase online, consider where your consumer dollars are headed. Check out the company’s social responsibility reports to ensure that your dollars are being spent wisely.
- Make a symbolic wildlife animal adoption at http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions.aspx.
- Donate a tree to be planted in someone’s honor or memory at http://arborday.org.
- Download social good apps to your phone. Make an impact by simply downloading and using these apps.
- When purchasing or renewing those domain names, round up for charity at http://godaddy.com.
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief, which helps people affected by disasters such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, wildfires and tornadoes.
- Install http://browseforacause.com/, a browser add-on that allows you to support a charity of your choice by browsing the internet and making online purchases, without having to fill out any forms or change your online behavior.
- Click around at http://www.care2.com/click-to-donate/. When you click, their sponsors donate. It’s that simple.
- Take the pledge to end distracted driving at http://distraction.gov/content/get…/take-the-pledge.html.
- Kindness is contagious. Share the acts of kindness you have done online or by phone on Facebook and Twitter so that others will catch the wave and pay it forward too.
So which of these acts of kindness will you do today? If you have any other online social good ideas, please leave them in the comments below so we can keep adding to the list of simple ways to pay it forward!
25 Ways to Embrace a More Eco Friendly Home
Got 15 Minutes? Then Try the Metabolic Aftershock Workout
10 Ways Healthy People Begin Their Day
My Favorite Healthy (& Green) Subscription Boxes
The Best Essential Oils for Meditation & Yoga
21 Skin Cancer Prevention Tips
The Toll of Stress & Why We All Need a Little More Zen
15 Acts of Kindness for Pet Lovers & Animal Enthusiasts
My New Secret to Maintaining a Workout Regimen (Even When Life Gets in the Way)
The Great Big List of Buy One, Give One Brands
85 Acts of Kindness Ideas
50+ Ways to Protect Yourself & Your Identity
16 Places to Donate Clothing and Accessories