Have you done a random act of kindness lately? If not, no worries. I’m not mad at you. I just get curious about these things. If you have done any random acts of kindness, did you do it on a whim or did you start your day with the intention of doing a good deed?
I am feeling philosophical today, so bear with me. Do you think it’s true that when we do something nice for someone else that act is really a selfish one because it is making us feel good about ourselves? Does it even matter what the reason is behind the act? If you are so inclined here are 20 random acts of kindness you can do today. If you read this list and do any of them, please leave a comment and let me know!
– Hold the door open.
– Be a patient driver.
– Stop by a friend’s house with a cup of coffee.
– Clean up litter in your neighborhood.
– Leave a note for a family member or friend.
– Make a donation to a charity that is important to you.
– Tell your children not just that you love them, but why you love them.
– Check in on someone who is alone or in need of support.
– Drop off baked goods or a gift certificate to the local police or fire department.
– Donate blood.
– “Like” a charity on Facebook and post on the wall why the organization has made a difference in your life.
– Call a family member to whom you haven’t spoken in a while.
– Pay for the person’s order behind you at the drive through or coffee shop.
– Purchase a couple extra bags of dog or cat food and take them to an animal shelter.
– Write a thank-you note to a person who has made a difference in your life.
– Offer to watch a friend’s kids for an hour so she can have some time to herself.
– Take a meal to a family who could use a nice surprise.
– Bring food or new pet supplies to a local animal shelter.
– Drop off books and current magazines to area hospitals or nursing homes.
– Smile at everyone you meet today.
Have you done any random acts of kindness lately? If you have any more suggestions, please leave them in the comments section. Have a terrific day!