Green tea is one of those superfoods people have been talking about for years. The health benefits of green tea are often talked about and hard to ignore. But why is green tea healthy and how exactly can we benefit from drinking it?
Green tea is loaded with polyphenols, which are strong antioxidants that protect the cells in your body from free radical damage. Need more persuading to go grab a glass? The health benefits of green tea listed here may be just what you need:
– For your skin: Green tea inhibits inflammatory pathways to reduce skin inflammation. Tea extracts are even effective in treating damaged skin following radiation treatment for cancer.
– For your eyes: You know how the eye doctor looks for diseases in and behind the eye during your annual exam? Well, the antioxidants in green tea have the ability to penetrate tissues of the eye, which may help protect you against common eye diseases such as glaucoma.
– For your dental health: Drinking green tea regularly may help to promote healthy teeth and gums, as well as protect against periodontal disease. I am not sure about you, but I would much rather drink green tea daily than have to endure tooth and gum pain!
– For your bones: Green tea is sow powerful that it may help improve your bone health. It can stimulate bone formation as well as slow its breakdown. Green tea may even have the potential to help prevent or treat bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
– For controlling weight: Green tea may help to slow down weight gain. Someday soon we may even see it used as a tool in the fight against obesity and weight related illnesses like metabolic disease.
– For your brain: Green tea extract has the ability to enhance cognitive brain functions such as memory. Some scientists believe that it may even be helpful in the prevention or treatment of dementia.
– For fighting common illnesses: Green tea can help beat superbugs, especially in conjunction with antibiotics. In one study out of Egypt, every single case green tea enhanced the bacteria-killing activity of the antibiotics.
– For controlling blood sugar levels: Drinking green tea with starchy food may help lower blood sugar spikes, so it may be an effective remedy for regulating glucose levels. (Research shows that it may be particularly effective for people with type 2 diabetes when given in conjunction with polyethylene glycol.)
– For heart health: In addition to helping to regulate weight and keep blood sugar levels under control, research has shown that adults who consume higher amounts of green tea have a lower risk of death due to cardiovascular disease. Now there is no guarantee that drinking green tea with prevent death, but if it will help I will take it!
– For cancer prevention and treatment: Green tea may help to reduce the risk of lung cancer. That goes for both smokers and non-smokers. It has also shown to be effective for men who are receiving treatment for prostate cancer.
How was that for convincing?
By the way, you can save 15% on your first order of green, black and herbal teas at MightlyLeaf.com. You will too. They also offer free shipping on orders over $25 plus two free samples with every order!